Digital Learning, Online Learning, Mobile Learning, Social Learning – call it whatever you want, all of them are various synonyms of convenient learning. Yes, the traditional education system that believes in delivering knowledge in a confined place, within a scheduled time and through a stringent set of laws is slowly losing its appeal to the new age learners. Webinars, video instructions, instructional designs, and social interactions are popular way of education today!
Reports show it’s growing at a rapid pace!
- The fresh methods of learning all across the world is growing at a steady pace. By introducing games to understand and remember lessons, digital instruction has surely made education an amusing system. As per reports, revenue in 2012 for game-based education earned around $1.5 billion across the global market. The amount increased over 5% in last five years and growing happily. In America the growth rate was higher. According to a study conducted on K-12 students, demand for digital learning has risen over 6500% in the last decade.
- Digital Education or Online Learning is a rational way of enhancing knowledge to the students opting for higher studies or specialized degrees. With options to learn anywhere anytime and gain knowledge through personalized learning have made accomplishment much easier for the people running after bigger dreams. The current statistics say that 1 in 3 students in higher education are opting for online class. In the US, more than 85% institutions have opened digital curriculum for higher education students.
- The popularity of using technology in classroom and learner-friendly education is turning heads of big innovators, investors, and institutions. “Personalized learning is more than a buzzword and it’s certainly more than providing students increased access to computers or implementing one-to-one computer programs,” said Jon Phillips, worldwide education director, Dell. “In a personalized approach, students invest in how they learn and how they show their learning through an on-going process of inquiry. Teachers have ready access to an array of personalization tools to meet student needs. And technology combines access to digital content for blended or collaborative learning with access to real-time data that helps teachers intercede when a student is struggling and helps students explore potential areas of interest more deeply.”
After shuffling with various ideas to create a convenient learning system, the pedagogy combines a number of forms to offer a better learning experience to the students today. With increasing recognition, new age learning has evolved with preferences and activities. New age learners these days have quite a few engaging options for better learning experience and they are:
- Online Classes: People signing up for online classes complete the entire course via internet options.
- Blended Learning: Here educators who prefer delivering instruction via modern and relevant techniques implement digital ingredients in a brick-and-mortar system offering students a liberal atmosphere to earn knowledge.
- Flipped Courses: The concept Flip the classes being preferred by millions around the world divide instruction in two clear sections – listen to instructions online and discuss face-to-face.
- Hybrid Education: This method is a solution to the issue raised after education system turned a technology-based programme. It’s an effort to bring back the human element into learning and create a course combining the best qualities of digital and traditional learning.
People with financial predicaments, restricted time schedules, and geographical barriers can easily manage to acquire knowledge these days. Prestigious degrees, renowned colleges, international experts, free resources, and global network, everything that you need to achieve valuable education is just a click away! And all the credit goes to the academic revolution commonly referred to as digital learning.